How should you protect your pumps and pipework from freezing?
It is important to remember that frozen water can potentially damage both pumps and pipework and therefore the key advice that we give to clients is to always drain your pumps at the end of the day. By doing so you avoid having to wait the next morning for the pumps to thaw or have the back-breaking task of having to open the casing to remove the water. Both situations also result in a loss of production time and money.
Where possible, we also advise clients to site pumps inside an enclosure or pump room. The installation of a heater in the room is also beneficial however this is costly in terms of energy usage. For air powered pumps, we advise clients to ensure that the air exhaust pipe discharges into a warm environment.
6 Essential Steps to Get Your Site Back Up and Running
Undertake a visual check of your pump and casing. Make sure there are no cracks visible.
2. Spin your pump manually before turning it on to ensure that there is no ice inside.
3. Carry out a visual check of your pipework and look for any splits.
4. If you have a diesel pump check the antifreeze, coolant and oil before starting.
5. Once your pumps are running, check your casing and pipework again for splits and cracks.
6. Remember we have an expert and willing team at Atlantic Pumps on hand to help you get back to full production. For assistance call 01246 284 420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Heated Insulation Jackets
An excellent way to protect your sites’ pumps and pipework during the cold winter months is to fit them with heated jackets. An affordable and simple solution, heated jackets can be purchased from Atlantic Pumps, are custom made and can easily be applied, removed and re-used as required.
The jackets are made of plain glass cloth, aluminised and impregnated with silicon, with the thermal insulation made of ceramic fibre or mineral wool. They can be fitted to the pumps and pipework using pull cord strings or Velcro.
For further information or to order heated jackets for your sites’ pumps and pipes, call 0800 118 2500 or contact us at email@example.com.
Sorry, there are no products in this collection