Are you interested in working for Atlantic Pumps
Atlantic Pumps are a dynamic, fast paced, engineering and exporting company. We are always looking to improve our customers' experience and perform ahead of their expectations. That is the underlying culture of our business. Along with this we believe passionately in honesty, teamwork and loyalty to our values. We believe that we can positively affect our customers lives and will challenge every barrier to achieve this.
Atlantic Pumps also have an ongoing commitment to employing young people in the industry and investing in the next generation of British engineering. We are proud that the Atlantic team includes a number of staff who have joined us as apprentices and developed their skills in-house at our Orgreave factory, alongside their college education.
Keep up-to-date with news of any future vacancies by following us on LinkedIn.
Fitter (Chesterfield, UK)
As one of a small but dedicated team, you will play a vital role in the continued development of our rapidly growing business, a business heavily reliant on exceptional levels of customer service. You will be responsible for a wide range of light assembly and refurbishment work, where getting it right first time is vital.
This role revolves around good engineering knowledge, problem solving and a ‘can do’ attitude. Health and Safety for both yourself and your colleagues is critical.
Specific duties include…
- Servicing slurry pumps
- Fitting of flanges and pipework/pumps to built up units
- Diagnostics and problem solving
- Basic electric knowledge and willingness to learn
- Welding and fabrication
You will be part of a close knit and high energy team. Key attributes and skills which will make up the selection criteria include….
- Creative thinking and plenty of initiative
- Ability to work with others
- Dedication to honesty and integrity
- A positive attitude
- Desire to take pride in your work
It will stand your application in very good stead if you have previous experience in the quarry industry or similar, ideally you will have spent some time working as a fitter or similar in this environment.
This is a full time role, Monday to Friday with hours from 7.30am to 4.30pm with an hour for lunch (provided free). Attractive remuneration package offered, contact us for details.
Please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trainee Service Fitter
Atlantic Pumps are experts in providing solutions for quarry dewatering and pumps for mineral handling and abrasive applications.
We are looking for a positive, can-do Fitter, willing to take on any challenge, attempt the impossible and be a key player in the organisation.
During the first year you will be required to attend the University of Sheffield AMRC Training Centre in Sheffield, full time for an initial block of study. One Friday per month you will return to your workplace. After the initial block training you will attend the AMRC Training Centre for one day a week to undertake the knowledge study. The remaining four days will be spent at Atlantic Pumps learning on the job.
- Tidy tools and maintain workshop environment
- Clear despatch
- Assist other fitters
- Daily plans and huddle
- Packing and despatch of spares
- 100% accuracy.
- Cable on pumps
- Assembly of built up pumps
- Changeover of spares, general fitting
- Paint spraying.
- Strip and inspect slurry pumps
- Strip and inspect submersibles
- Report on wear, reasons for failure
- Re build and reassemble pumps
- Check running on diesel units
- Ensure refurbed pumps leave us in excellent condition.
Personal qualities the candidate must have:
- A solid grasp of the concept of mechanics
- A positive, can-do approach
- Be addicted to accuracy and creating a perfect job.
You will need a basic understanding of the following:
- Electrical Welding
- Fitting basics
- Belts and Pulleys.
- Advanced Apprenticeships entry requirements
- A minimum of three GCSEs at grade 5 (or C) or above, including mathematics, English and science, technology, or engineering-related subject.
- Closing Date: 8th July 2022
- Hours per Week: 40
- Based: Chesterfield
- Salary: £200 per week
- Ref No. 57-647
Applicants are required to successfully complete the AMRC and employer recruitment and selection process to secure a place on an apprenticeship programme. Please see the AMRC Training website for further details.