Industries & Applications
Atlantic Pumps are delighted to be the official UK distributor for LSM Pumps
LSM Pumps are a Danish based company and are one of the main players in the industrial peristaltic pumps market.
Their positive displacement pumps are used globally and are known for their low energy consumption, low and easy maintenance and their exceptional build quality. These self-priming, high-pressure pumps are able to run dry and have the ability to pass large objects.
LSM produce a range of different sizes of peristaltic pump ranging from common sizes such as the LSM-25 (1”) up to the LSM-200 (8”) model – recognised as the largest peristaltic pump in the world.
LSM pumps are used in a wealth of heavy industries including food, mining, chemical, fishing and agriculture. They are also used on and offshore, in biogas and in the production of concrete and paint. An ideal fit-for-purpose pump in many applications that handle abrasive or aggressive fluids and slurries, due to their simplicity and ease of maintenance.
Advantages of the LSM Pump
- It is reversible. Depending on what the rotation direction is set to, the influx and outflow for the pump can be either at the top or at the bottom.
- It is self-priming.
- Easy to service. The pump does not need to be dismantled during hose changes.
- Can run dry.
- Low energy consumption compared to other pumps. The glycerine in the pump casing lubricates the hose and the rollers in the pump, which results in a very low energy consumption.
- The pump is sealed and protected against back flow, even when it is not in operation as the rollers always push the hose flat.
- Good hygiene. Only the hose is in contact with the fluid which is being pumped. Bearings and gaskets are not affected. Abrasive fluid does not affect the pump.
- Solid objects can to a certain extent pass through the hose. Depending on the hose’s diameter, it is possible to handle foreign objects such as sand, pebbles and similar. It can even handle fish up to a certain size, without damage.
- Is suitable for fluids with a high viscosity and a high dry matter content.
- The main components of an LSM hose pump are the pump casing, the hose and the rotor. When the rotor turns, the rollers on the rotor squeeze the hose flat. In front of the roller, pressure builds up and because of the hose’s elasticity a vacuum builds up behind the roller. The pressure pushes the fluid out of the hose and the vacuum sucks the new fluid in.
LSM Peristaltic Pump Brochure
An eight-page brochure looking at what a peristaltic pump is, how they work and the industries they’re used in. The brochures also takes a look at the advantages of using an LSM pump and provides a detailed overview of the full LSM range.
Peristaltic Pump Hire
Our LSM peristaltic pump hire fleet gives you a low risk and capital free way of trialing the cost and downtime savings that are available to you. For further details please call 0808 196 4938 or get in touch with us using our enquiries form.
LSM Pump Data Sheets
Click to download the technical data for the relevant pump model/size:
Further Information and related links
LSM Pumps are a Danish based company and are a key player in the peristaltic pumps market. Their pumps are used globally and are known for their low energy consumption, low and easy maintenance and their exceptional build quality.Download your FREE copy of this brochure to learn more!