Rapid Response From Atlantic Pumps Sees Gromatex Produce A Bespoke Hopperby Bill Noakes
Brighton Concrete Plant & Wharf is a CEMEX owned site situated in Portslade, East Sussex. In June 2018 we were contacted by Site Manager, Andy Roberts who was seeking to replace a rubber lined sand hopper base.
Being situated so close to the coast, nature’s elements had caused the hopper to rust extensively. In addition the hopper was also leaking.
We were able to offer rapid support to Mr. Roberts, thanks to our engineering capabilities at Gromatex.
Gromatex designs and manufactures rubber lined products for mineral processing equipment with the company producing bespoke, high quality, long lasting products that are resistant to abrasive fluids.
Following his phone call, we met Mr. Roberts on site the next week and measured up for a bespoke replacement hopper. The requirements were then passed to the team at Gromatex in Sheffield who quickly set about designing and fabricating a new 2m x 1m hopper.
The project was completed without issue and installation of the hopper took just one day.
“Myself and the team really enjoyed working on this project” said Mark McCreadie, part of the Atlantic Pumps Sales team and who made the initial site visit. “It demonstrated our ability to engage with the customer’s needs quickly and take the difficulty out of producing
Recent Case Studies
- Tarmac Site Incorporates EnviroHub System on Site to Great Effect
- Atlantic Install Transfer Station at Tarmac Crown Farm
- Atlantic Play Key Role in the Construction of New Tarmac Wash Plant
- LSM Peristaltic Pump Proves Successful for Brick Factory
- Cross Plant Hire Incorporate Audex Pumps in New Wheelwash System
- Biogas & Anaerobic digestion
- Filter press
- Lime Slurry
- Mine effluents
- Sand processing
- Silt pumping
- Thickener underflow
- Wash plant feeds
- Water treatment
- Brick & Concrete Block Manufacturing
- Large scale manufacturing
- Quarrying & Aggregates
- Ready mix concrete
- Sustainable Energy