Hanson Quarry Saves Time & Money Case Study With New Audex Ad Priming System
Start Date: Ongoing since November 2016
Atlantic Pump Representatives: Nathan Rowles and Ed Smith Clients
Name & Role: Paul Lagram, Quarry Manager
Address: Shardlow Quarry, Aston Ln, Aston-on-Trent, Derby DE72 2SP
Telephone: 01509 503 161
Shardlow Quarry is owned by Hanson Aggregates. The quarry first opened in 1989 and is one of the largest sand and gravel operations in the Trent valley.
Until Atlantic Pumps intervention, the Derbyshire based site had been experiencing problems with their hired dewatering pumps failing thus costing expensive downtime. Repairs to the pumps would be a regular occurrence. Shardlow discussed their problems with Atlantic Pumps Sales Manager, Nathan Rowles during a site visit and since November 2016 Atlantic Pumps have delivered five diesel dewatering pumps to the site: one Audex AD100, two AD150’s and two Audex AD200’s. Supply and delivery was rapid thanks to our large, fully stocked warehouse.
These UK-built diesel pump sets incorporate the unique Audex Priming System, now being fitted to all of the Audex AD pump range. This priming system requires no regular maintenance and has proved capable of keeping the pumps going far longer than the pumps they have replaced. Traditional sliding vane priming systems require daily maintenance, taking up valuable time for key staff, and if not maintained will fail, leaving you with all the costs of downtime on top of the costs of a replacement.
Noticeable differences between the sites former pumps and the Audex AD pumps supplied by Atlantic include:
- The Audex AD pumps use a third less fuel, leading to lower energy emissions and significantly reduced costs.
- The AD pumps are lighter and easier to move around the site; the durable trolley design giving greater flexibility whilst protecting the unit against onsite wear and tear.
- The excellent reliability record of the AD pumps has once again been demonstrated with no break downs reported to date.
- Only a handful of service visits have been required, undertaken to ensure the pumps are maintaining their high level of service. Downtime has been significantly reduced.
- Cost – the Audex AD pumps have cost Shardlow less money to operate than their previous pumps.
For information on the Audex AD range or to arrange a free site visit to discuss your pumping requirements, call our sales team now on 0800 118 2500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You’re also welcome to visit us at our Sheffield based premises by appointment; we’re situated just 5 minutes from Junction 31 and 33 of the M1.