Easier Inspection & Maintenance Plus Reduced Repair Timeby Bill Noakes
Date: Summer 2016
Atlantic Representatives: Nathan Rowles, Ed Smith and Mark Selwood
Company: Harsco Metals & Minerals
Clients Name: Andy Greene
Address: Dawes Lane, Scunthorpe DN16 1DW, United Kingdom
Tel: 01724 863101
Harsco Metals & Minerals provide logistics and resource recovery services for the steel industry, operating at more than 160 customer locations across 30 countries.
A recent visit to their Scunthorpe site by Atlantic Pumps’ Sales Manager, Nathan Rowles revealed that their existing slurry pump was not only difficult to maintain but they were being overcharged for slurry pump parts and being quoted longer than acceptable lead times.
It was decided that the client would be best served by a 3x2 Silver Series horizontal, centrifugal slurry pump from SlurryPro featuring a different seal arrangement to the one on their current pump. Given the limited space available at the site, the pump would be built upon a bespoke sliding base. This would enable the client to undertake easier inspection and maintenance of the slurry pump and reduce repair time - thus keeping any future downtime to a minimum.
In addition to a new slurry pump, Harsco Metals will also benefit from Atlantic Pumps large stock of SlurryPro parts - all available for next day delivery from their Sheffield-based premises.
For further information on any of the subjects covered in this article including bespoke sliding bases or to see how Atlantic Pumps can save your company money, call 0800 118 2500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Case Studies
- Severn Trent Reduces Digester Cleaning Costs by 35%
- Quarry Reduces Filter Press Cycle Time to Boost Production
- Water Management System Stops Contaminated Water Entering River During Reservoir Restoration Project
- Advanced pump, test and treat system installed to dewater Wenvoe quarry’s lagoon
- Sophisticated RVT Water Management System installed during an upgrade project at a Water Treatment Works
- Biogas & Anaerobic digestion
- Filter press
- Lime Slurry
- Mine effluents
- Sand processing
- Silt pumping
- Thickener underflow
- Wash plant feeds
- Water treatment
- Brick & Concrete Block Manufacturing
- Large scale manufacturing
- Quarrying & Aggregates
- Ready mix concrete
- Sustainable Energy