Case Study: Parts Show Very Little Wear After Two Months Usageby Bill Noakes
Date: 18 July 2016
Atlantic Representative: Ed Smith
Company: Ibstock Brick Ltd
Clients Name: Chris Duggan
Address: Birtley Factory, Ibstock Brick Ltd, Station Lane, Birtley, Co Durham, DH2 1AJ
Tel: 0191 411 3900
Ibstock Brick are the UK’s largest brick manufacturer and produce bricks suitable for all building projects. A visit to their Birtley site in County Durham earlier this year by Atlantic Pumps Operations Manager, Ed Smith found that the drainage sump pump installed by their current supplier was unsuitable for abrasive fluids and was collecting clay. Until Atlantic’s intervention the site had been replacing the pump every 4-6 weeks.
In this particular case we installed a KZN37 heavy duty submersible slurry pump from JS with agitator. The pump was supplied from our Sheffield based warehouse where we have large stocks of pumps and parts available for next day delivery. Supply and installation was seamless.Fast forward two months and Ibstock Brick removed the pump for inspection and cleaning. The photos featured in this case study were supplied to Atlantic Pumps by a pleased Chris Duggan, Engineering Manager at the Birtley site; the parts show very little sign of wear. Additionally, because of the increased pumping capacity the site didn’t have to run the pump for as long therefore resulting in better dewatering of the slurry.
For further information on heavy duty submersible pumps from the likes of JS and Audex and to discuss your site needs, contact Atlantic Pumps on 0800 118 2500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Case Studies
- Water Management System Stops Contaminated Water Entering River During Reservoir Restoration Project
- Advanced pump, test and treat system installed to dewater Wenvoe quarry’s lagoon
- Sophisticated RVT Water Management System installed during an upgrade project at a Water Treatment Works
- Ibstock Pump: The Benefits Of Clean Dewatering!
- Tarmac Site Recycles Grey Site Water for Dust Suppression Thanks to EnviroHub and Senteos
- Biogas & Anaerobic digestion
- Filter press
- Lime Slurry
- Mine effluents
- Sand processing
- Silt pumping
- Thickener underflow
- Wash plant feeds
- Water treatment
- Brick & Concrete Block Manufacturing
- Large scale manufacturing
- Quarrying & Aggregates
- Ready mix concrete
- Sustainable Energy